The annual Leigh Family Fishing Contest is coming up on Saturday 19 March. This popular Leigh fishing competition is always a fun family day! There’ll be a variety of food and drinks available and a fireworks display at 9pm.
Now in it’s 13th year all ticket proceeds support the Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service and other worthy local causes. Last year’s 500 tickets sold out well in advance so get yours early and don’t miss out!
Some of the best prizes for any fishing competition in New Zealand and lots of fun kids prizes and entertainment too. Whether you’re a serious angler with the heaviest catch, or first in with the average weight snapper – there are prizes for everyone.
Fishing Competition Prizes
Fishing competition prizes include an awesome Surtees Workmate and 4 stroke 60hp Yamaha outboard plus $50,000 in cash and other prizes!! The first 250 earlybird adult anglers get a free hangi dinner. Fishing from 3am to 3:30pm. Relax under the big marquee and enjoy live music, fish auction and prize giving.
Where to buy Tickets
Tickets are strictly limited. Adults $50 and kids $5. Where to purchase:
- Lynn & Keith at the Leigh Fishing Lodge on (09) 422-6780
- Hunting & Fishing – 22 Baxter St, Warkworth
- Snells Beach Dive & Fish – Mahurangi East Rd, Rodney
- Leigh General Store – Corner Hauraki Rd & Cumberland St, Leigh
- Leigh Motors – 20 Cumberland St, Leigh
- Tickets online at iticket
See you all there!